2013 Corporate Responsibility Summit
The Council for Corporate Responsibility hosts the 2013 Inaugural Florida Corporate Responsibility Summit, tailored to the audience of South Florida companies, corporations, and organizations invested in the Corporate Responsibility efforts of their organizations. Together, we explore the ever-changing challenges and corresponding solutions to driving sustainability through good corporate citizenship. More information on the venue, the speakers and panelists, and who should consider attending the event can be found in the links to the right.
For additional information about the Summit, please contact the South Florida Coordinator, Ameerah Mukayed, at [email protected], or the Event Chair, Agatha Caraballo, at [email protected].
“Corporate Social Responsibility: Making it a Reality”
Friday, August 23, 2013
8:30 a.m. — 3:00 p.m.
Florida International University – Pines Campus
17195 Sheridan Street, Pembroke Pines, FL 33331
|8:30 a.m. — 9:00 a.m.
||Registration and Breakfast
|9:00 a.m. — 9:30 a.m.
- Dennis Kennedy, Founder and Chairman – The Council for Corporate Responsibility
- Agatha Caraballo, Director – The Council for Corporate Responsibility
|9:30 a.m. — 10:20 a.m.
Session I “The Case for Sustainability: People, Profits and the Planet”
- Faith Taylor, Senior Vice President of Sustainability and Innovation – Wyndham Worldwide
|10:20 a.m. — 10:40 a.m.
|10:40 a.m. — 11:30 a.m.
Session II “Investing in Our Communities
- Susan Tower, Executive Director of Community Affairs, Florida Blue and Vice President, BCBSF Foundation
|11:30 a.m. — 12:20 p.m.
Session III Executive Panel
- Mark Shamley, President & CEO, Association of Corporate Contributions Professionals
- Clara M. Kashar, Assistant Director, Office of University Sustainability at Florida International University
- David Bruce, VP of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs of Ryder System, Inc.
|12:20 p.m. — 1:00 p.m.
|1:00 p.m. — 1:50 p.m.
- Jerrell Moore, Chief Diversity Officer, Burger King
|1:50 p.m. — 2:40 p.m.
Session V “Driving Business Success through Diversity and Inclusion: The Sodexo Story”
- Denise R. Ammaccapane, Director of Workplace Diversity and Inclusion – Education Market, Sodexo
|2:40 p.m. — 3:00 p.m.
RegisterA $3 processing fee will be charged on all registrations.
Director, Workplace Diversity and Inclusion, Education Market
Founder and Chairman
National Diversity Council
Senior Vice President of Sustainability and Innovation
Chief Diversity Officer
Executive Director of Community Affairs, Florida Blue
Vice President, BCBSF Foundation
Assistant Director, Office of University Sustainability
Florida International University
VP of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs
Ryder System, Inc.
President & CEO
Association of Corporate Contributions Professionals
Florida International University
Diversity & Inclusion Practice Leader
Who Should Attend
Human Resources, Communications, Public Affairs and CSR professionals who have a commitment to:
- Making diversity and inclusion a golden standard for dynamic business
- Promoting responsibility in environmental sustainability
- Finding ways to better enrich local and global communities through good business
- Developing effective governance to keep CSR integral to success
- Building organizational health internally and externally
- Giving back to their communities through charity and philanthropy
- Maintaining supply chain integrity to ensure products are safely and fairly made
Sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, contact Ameerah Mukayed, at
Individual Registration — $89
*There will be a $3 processing fee for online registration
For more information on Corporate Responsibility initiatives, please visit: uscorporateresponsibility.org