2016 Distinguished Healthcare Diversity Advocate
To recognize individuals of color who have made a difference in the diversity and inclusion realm through their research or achievements, and exemplify the ability to excel in the healthcare field.
Criteria for selection:
- Creates or spearheads innovative diversity initiatives that establish and foster a more inclusive and equitable work environment.
- Sustains a record of accomplishments or contributions to the healthcare industry throughout the scope of his or her career.
- Demonstrates active involvement in community outreach programs.
- Retains a commendable reputation with colleagues, superiors, and patients.
- Exhibits and demonstrates a commitment to the highest ethical standards and professional excellence.
- Demonstrates a consistent pattern of commitment to the recruitment, training, development, and retention of individuals from all populations.