2014 Corporate Responsibility Summit
The Council for Corporate Responsibility hosts the 2nd Annual Florida Corporate Responsibility Summit, tailored to the audience of Florida companies, corporations, and organizations invested in the Corporate Responsibility efforts of their organizations. Together, we explore the ever-changing challenges and corresponding solutions to driving sustainability through good corporate citizenship. More information on the venue, the speakers and panelists, and who should consider attending the event can be found below.
For additional information about the Summit, please contact the South Florida Coordinator, Ameerah Mukayed, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Event Chair, Agatha Caraballo, at email@example.com.
“The New Face of CSR: Purpose, People, and Profits”
Friday, August 22, 2014
8:30 a.m. — 3:00 p.m.
Florida International University — MARC Pavillion
11200 SW 8th Street
Miami, FL 33199
Individual Registration — $89
|8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
|| Breakfast & Registration
|9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Dennis Kennedy, Founder and Chairman of The Council for Corporate Responsibility
- Agatha Caraballo, Digital Instructor for the FIU Department of Public Administration & Director of the Council for Corporate Responsibility
|9:30 a.m. – 10:20 a.m.
||Session I: Governance
- Charles Scurr, Executive Director, Miami-Dade County Citizen’s Independent Trnsportation Trust
|10:20 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.
|10:50 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
||Session II: Supply Chain Integrity
- By Jose Giuliani, Director of Supply Chain Operations for Latin America at Starbucks
|11:40 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.
||Session III: Roundtable Discussions
|12:20 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.
|12:50 p.m. – 1:40 p.m.
||Luncheon Speaker: Global Enrichment
- Pedro J. Greer, Professor, Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs and Chair of the FIU Department of Humanities, Health, and Society
|1:50 p.m. – 2:40 p.m.
||Session IV: Diversity & Inclusion
- Mary Jo Eaton, Executive Managing Director, Florida for CBRE
|2:40 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
||Closing Remarks & Recognition of Sponsors
Executive Director at Citizen’s Independent Transportation Trust, Miami-Dade County
Topic — Governance
Director, Supply Chain Operations – Latin America, Starbucks
Topic — Supply Chain Integrity
Executive Managing Director, Florida
Professor & Asst. Dean for Academic Affairs, Chair, Dept. of Humanities, Health, & Society
Florida International University
Digital Instructor, Dept. of Public Administration, Florida International University
Director, Council for Corporate Responsibility
Diversity & Inclusion Practice Leader
Who Should Attend
Human Resources, Communications, Public Affairs and CSR professionals who have a commitment to:
- Making diversity and inclusion a golden standard for dynamic business
- Promoting responsibility in environmental sustainability
- Finding ways to better enrich local and global communities through good business
- Developing effective governance to keep CSR integral to success
- Building organizational health internally and externally
- Giving back to their communities through charity and philanthropy
- Maintaining supply chain integrity to ensure products are safely and fairly made
Sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, contact Ameerah Mukayed, at
firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Corporate Responsibility initiatives, please visit uscorporateresponsibility.org